Well it’s a new month and a new theme. If I had any proper planning skills I would have made a new banner or something, but I think my new Chronic Chronicler banner will do in the change department for now.
But now the moment you’ve all (meaning me) been waiting for: the results for Febookuary! With a MASSIVE three, count them THREE votes is The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson! Hurray!
But what about the second book? Well it was a tie between Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged and The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang. Well I wish I could review both, and maybe they both will be one day, but with eight books being reviewing in Febookuary, I couldn’t go too overboard.
So having said that, I have done an independently adjudicated coin toss between the two and the result is……. The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang! Sorry to Atlas Shrugged, maybe next time!
So with that here’s the complete line-up!
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury – Monday 2nd
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green – Friday 6th
- Kitchen – Banana Yoshimoto – Monday 9th
- Colorless Tskuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage – Haruki Murakami – Friday 13th
- Burmese Days – George Orwell – Monday 16th
- The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde – Robert Louis Stevenson – Friday 20th
- The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly – Sun-mi Hwang – Monday 23rd
- The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson – Friday – 27th
Thank you to everyone who voted and I hope you enjoy Febookuary!
But what’s next you may be asking? Well I have envisioned a March of moving pictures, a “Movie March” you can almost say…. But they’re not just any movies, they are Classic Movies.
As a film reviewer, I have seen a surprising lack of what people deem to be the classics. Here’s a short list of what I haven’t watched:
- Fight Club
- Sin City
- The Godfather Trilogy (or at least the first two)
- Any of Stanley Kubrick’s films (except Spartacus)
- Mary Poppins
- Invasion of the Bodysnatchers
- Rebel Without a Cause
- Any Bond film (apart from Quantum of Solace or Skyfall)
Et cetera, et cetera. So you can see I’m a bit of a novice in the classics front. So for March I shall be picking four classics and reviewing them every Wednesday of March. Now for the question, would you like to vote? Febookuary didn’t have the greatest turnout but if you leave comments saying you’d like a vote or just outright tell me what to review, I’ll put up a polling booth. Otherwise I’ll just canvas opinion from family or friends which will probably mean a lot of John Wayne reviews.
Anyway thanks for reading, voting, and just generally being awesome! See you tomorrow with Fahrenheit 451!…. Oh God, I’ve got to write that! QUICK, TO THE REVIEWING MOBILE! *Cue 1960’s Batman Music*.